The Society's Executive Committee considers applications for conference grants twice a year.
The deadlines for applications are the following:
15 September (autumn meeting)
1 April (spring meeting)
The following should be taken into account before submitting an application (also see the Terms & Conditions below):
• Each meeting has a conference grants budget of £3000. The average amount granted for most events is £300. The maximum amount that can be applied for is £500.
• Retrospective applications will not be considered. The event must take place after the meeting (Autumn or Spring) for which the application was submitted. In 2019–20 the Autumn meeting will take place in October 2019, and the Spring meeting will take place in April 2020.
• The Society will only provide grants for conferences that are to be held in the United Kingdom.
• Applications for the funding of graduate conferences are also welcome. Invitation-only conferences will generally receive low priority, although all applications will be considered on their merits.
As of September 2010, all applicants must fill out our standard conference grant application form and submit via email.
Applications should be submitted to the Administrative Assistant, Nikhil Venkatesh (nikhil.venkatesh [at] aristoteliansociety.org.uk).
terms & conditions
1. That the Society's support (although, obviously, not the amount) be acknowledged in all publicity about the conference (website, CFP's etc.).
2. No later than three months after the conference, a conference report (download available below) should be sent to the Society. This should include itemised accounts for the conference finances and an assessment of how well the conference met the aims and purpose(s) set out in the application for a grant.
3. If the conference makes a profit, an appropriate proportion shall be remitted to the Society (taking into account the amounts granted by other bodies).
4. Finally, any sum granted can be paid only into an official conference account or departmental account. Payment cannot be made to specific individuals.
Grant recipients must submit a conference report no later than three months after the date of the supported event:
Reports should be submitted to the Administrative Assistant, Nikhil Venkatesh (nikhil.venkatesh [at] aristoteliansociety.org.uk).